Book blog 2 - The crossover

3/16/18

The title of this book is called The Crossover, which is written by Kwame Alexander. The genre of this book is realistic fiction.

This book is about two brothers named Josh and Jordan who are the sons of Charlie “Da Man” Bell who is a former pro in the Italian. Josh and Jordan are the dynamic duo of their school basketball team. They’re like Jordan and Pippen, Shaq and Kobe, Lebron and Kyrie. Josh and Jordan make a bet which leads to Josh getting his dreadlocks cut off. This leads to Josh being mad at Jordan, but it only made him more mad that Jordan had gotten a girlfriend. Jordan was spending so much time with her Josh got really mad. During one of their games Josh’s anger escalated very quickly and threw the ball as hard as he could into Jordan’s face. When two brothers are mad at each other, nothing can get done. From that point on it only gets worse for the Bell family.

The main character of this book is Josh Bell. He is 14, tall, has long hair and has the nickname Filthy McNasty. I know this because in Page 4 of the book is states,
“Josh Bell is my name
But Filthy McNasty is my claim to fame.
Folks call me that
‘cause my games acclaimed
My hair is long, my heights tall.
See, I’m the next Kevin Durant,
Lebron and Chris Paul.”

This excerpt shows all of Josh Bells characteristics.

I actually really liked this book for many reasons. One of the reasons was of course because it’s about sports and I am a sportsoholic. The second reason is the lesson I learned in the end. I think the lesson was to appreciate what you have in life. In this book the author shows you this in a really heartbreaking way. This heartbreaking way hits you hard though. It’s as if Mike Tyson uppercuts you with reality. I would recommend this book to anybody, even if they don’t like sports. It might be a little hard to understand but I think everyone needs to learn this lesson that the book shows you. In life you might think stuff is unfair but when it comes down to it, there are people who have it worse. Just try and appreciate what you have right now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Identity

My First Homerun - Dream come True