I will save you : book blog

12/14/17

The book I was reading was called, “I will save you.” This book was written by the author Matt De La Pena. The genre of this book is Realistic Fiction. 

This book is about a kid named “Kidd Ellison,” him and his mother got abused by his father... a lot. One day his mom was done dealing with all the bs that they put up with and shot Kidd's father three times, after she shot herself in the head. Kidd was them put into a group home called Horizons and was given therapy. Kidd later ran way from the group home and ended up working in a campsite with his boss Mr.Red. Kids therapy was not fully completed so throughout the book there are many problems because of that. He met a girl named Olivia and she was like the is the girl of his dreams. She always wears a ski cap and nobody ever knew why. This didn’t change Kidd’s opinion on how beautiful he thought she was. Kidd and Olivia are quite opposite but also very similar. Olivia is very rich and smart while Kidd is very poor and doesn’t really analyze much about anything. But their personalities are extremely similar. Before kid had ran away from his group home he had a best friend named Devon. Devon is a very complex human being. There are many things wrong with this kid. He has a death drive, he loves death. He loves to do things that have a high chance of him dying. But somehow he gets out of them. Devon somehow finds Kidd at the beach and it gets crazy.

The main is Kidd Ellison, and he is very hurt. Physically and emotionally. I know this because throughout the book it’s states many rough things that has happened in Kidds life. Some of these things are really common. Such as how he was abused by his parents. That’s still wrong but we hear it a lot. One of the biggest reasons Kidd is hurt, is because of what happened to his mom.  Before Kidd’s mom decided to Hill her and Kidd’s father, she wrote Kidd a letter. The letter explained what Kidd’s mom had done and why she had to do it. What she wanted Kidd to do after she was gone. Kidd did not open this letter for a while. Only for the soul purpose that if he read it, he felt that his mom would be completely gone. That letter is the last part of her that he has. 

I liked this book a lot because I could relate to a lot to it. Every guy has that very first big crush and it’s hard to know how to feel. It’s literally butterflies in your stomach. It’s crazy. I can’t relate about the very tragic parts and sad parts to this book. I may not be able to relate to them but they showed me something. It showed me to appreciate what I have because some kids have it rough. I’m lucky to have what I have and I need to be grateful for that. I would most definitely recommend this book to a friend because it could teach them a little something 
about life. Give them a little bit more knowledge. It’s a great book. I will save you is so complicated when trying to figure out the theme. But the theme that stands out to me is appreciate what you have.           





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Identity

My First Homerun - Dream come True